3 large pink lady apples
3 tablespoons of rice malt syrup
1/4 of a teaspoon of vanilla bean extract
1/4 cup of almond meal
1/2 cup of crushed peanuts
1/4 cup of raw pistachios
1/4 cup of raw walnuts
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1. Dice up the apples and place them into a small saucepan. Cover with water (only just) and place on to boil.
2. When the water boils, drop the pot down to a simmer and simmer for a further 45 minutes.
3. Pre-heat the oven on 180 degrees.
4. When the apples are cooked, place them in a small pie baking dish and mix through 1 tablespoon of the rice malt suyrup and the vanilla bean extract. Then place in the oven to bake for 10 minutes so any excess water evaporates.
5. Take out of the oven and sprinkle with the almond meal and then layer/sprinkle the crushed nut over that.
6. Sprinkle the nuts with half of the cinnamon. Then top with the pistachios and walnuts.
7. Drizzle the nuts with the remaining rice malt syrup and place in the oven to bake for 15 minutes.
8. Take out of the oven and serve with greek yoghurt. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon and enjoy!
SIMPLE, HEALTHY & DELICIOUS! =)